Monday, November 9, 2009

Departed

I awoke from my trance
Looking down, I saw me
Peaceful smile on my face
Saw tears from my friends
They took me like in a daze

I realized, I was the soul
Looking at an empty shell
I took with me, the wisdom
Imparted over many years
Leaving with some tears
A body that served so well

Why did I have to live?
I left behind a sad song
Why did I make friends?
When at this final end
Their tears I took along

Is this where we belong?
It makes me wonder so
Poised we are at the end
To be forgotten forever
An escape from the pain
It makes me wonder
Is death a choice?


For OSI


PS: Sorry for missing the Sunday.
PPS: Posted by Leo for Priya

10 comments:

Loch Rob said...

I don't think we do get a choice when it comes ultimately to passing. However, those that we meet along the road make for memories and a reason to exist at all. An interesting take on the prompt; from beyond.

Amity said...

death's never-ever a choice, but all of us will come to that at an appointed time, some fearing it, others willing to embrace it, and still others are brave enough to face it, but not too soon... I am that Priya...

very nice, you put yourself as if you are into that level...

keep on writing dear!

The Write Girl said...

I love your poem on being departed...I think you captured the emotions, and uncertainty of death, the soul, and the ones we leave behind. I like your comments in the About Me section of your blog. I will have to check out your blog again : )

Snow White said...

Nice one priya..ur words have lot of feelings in it..loved it.. :)

Tumblewords: said...

Interesting piece - surely a philosophical question. Nicely done.

HaRy!! said...

missed yur blog somehow... oo death is choice...now thats interesting!! hmmm..wisdom, money everything dies with yu...except the fame and history!...cya around

Vishnu said...

y do u always ponder abt death.. let it come to u rather than u awaitin it.. neways.. good poem as usual..

SandyCarlson said...

I do think it is a choice. I have seen elderly relatives choose their moment in the end.

Jukota said...

I like the line: Why did I have to live? so often we hear people say, Why did they have to die? And if we could, after death, ask the same thing? Or would we, like you suggest, Why did I have to live? It makes me think of people looking at clouds and thinking of sheep, but when sheep look at clouds, do they see people? Very nice work!

Priya Vinay said...

@ all...

Thank you so much guys... for the read and the review :)