Sunday, May 30, 2010

Love


The sparkle in his eyes,
Or the sweet lies,
I don't know what did it.

Was it the way he made me feel,
Or how fast he made the old wounds heal.
I don't know what did it.

The way he grabs and swings me around,
Or calls me up, just to hear my sound.
I don't know what did it.

The way he behaves silly, to make me laugh,
Or how generously he splits, his favorite chocolate cake in half.
I don't know what did it.

What is do remember is the way he stole my heart,
With just one look.
I could not break apart,
It held me like a hook.
That moment I knew,
I was in love.


PS: Not exactly poetry - I'm still trying to get back in form :)

pic courtsey - librarian.net

11 comments:

Amity said...

it's beautiful my dear...:)

speaks of how mysterious love is...:)

keep writing n sharing!

Vinay Leo R. said...

its really very beautiful...
mysterious, passionate, had it all.

would only suggest lines being equal in length. else, the emotion was tehre aplenty.

Anonymous said...

Very well written, loved the narration, and the progress.

SandyCarlson said...

Sweet and beautiful passion!

brenda w said...

Nice progression of love. Well done!

Ramesh Sood said...

If it is not poetry then what it is.. whether the theme.. or the lines.. or the spirit.. I don't know what did it.. but I really like the poem very much.. thanks..

Harshad Mehta said...

You did it Priya !

A romantic poem. Feel lighter.

Sherri B. said...

I really enjoyed this, and I liked how you repeated "I don't know what did it." It gave a certain rhythm to the poem -- wonderful job!

floreta said...

i definitely think its the little things that "do it". nice one!

Tumblewords: said...

Sweet love!

Priya Vinay said...

@all - Thank you all.