Monday, June 7, 2010

Flying to Fall...


Light enveloped me.
I basked in my triumph.
I had made it out of the pain,
that was to be.

I unrolled my wings,
And took off into the sky.
Besides me was my love,
Making me fly high.

Happiness took me higher,
His presence made me lighter.
He pushed me further into the light,
So much, that reality was out of sight.

He pushed me higher,
Higher into the sun.
It scorched my feathers,
The pain could not be undone.

Conscious of my ache,
He pushed me further into the sky.
Oblivious to his lie,
I hid my pain, and smiled fake.

All my feathers burned,
Of his deceit I then learnt.
I fell, with a cry, pleading for help,
His job was done, in joy he yelped.

Tears of anger, decorated my face,
The fall ended, there was an abrupt stop.
But I fell, fell deeper,
Entwined by death's reaper,
The glowing light still on top.


PS: This is my 50th blog post YAY!!!! Thanks to all for being there for me :)
Pic Courtesy - scrapetv.com

7 comments:

Vinay Leo R. said...

you wrote it wonderfully well.. that final fall to the end.. but sometimes, a fall can be broken! :) maybe urs might be one of them Priya...

happy 50th post! :) lets wish u reach double the posts in half the time! :)

G.venkatesh said...

little dark....bt stil good...

SandyCarlson said...

Been there. It's a tough spot. Letting go is as essential as it can seem to be dangerous.

Ramesh Sood said...

Very well written.. this take on Icarus helps to unburden..

Do visit me to see " I heard Icarus Laughing.."

Harshad Mehta said...

Pain.. could feel it.

Unknown said...

happy for the half century score..

u go girl..

Amity said...

Hmm...I missed this one dear...but I guess, 'better late than never'..this is for the Icarus poem for OSI, right? I did not write there myself, I mean I did not do the prompt...:(

I love how you expressed yourself here, equating how one could really hurt and have a big fall after having some good times with you!

Keep writing dear...:)

And happy 50th post Priya! Way to go...and keep going, going, writing, sharing your talent!

Hugs!!!