Sunday, October 18, 2009

Day 10 - The Diary Series Starts...

Okay I suttufied the idea from Leo's post:

http://1mind2worlds.blogspot.com/2009/10/down-memory-lane.html

I'm planning to put down some of the poems (Which I can still realte to) I've scribbled in my diary in teen angst!

This was my first ever poem ever....

Am I old or am I young?

I know not what I am.
My mother says I’m adolescent
I know not what it means…

People say it is a crucial age
I know not what it conveys…
The future is mine to make… they say….
And I know not what I am to be…

Am I a puppet in the hands of fate?
Or am I a free spirit poised to fly?
And I know not what I am to do…

I know not why I write this…
But it gives me peace.
My inner voice has spoken…
And I wish for it to continue, till life does cease.

PS: It was written in seething anger when I was in 9th grade, my mom refused to let me go to my best friend's house for a party. And one thing let to another and I was grounded... :P

PPS: For some reason, This poem is making me laugh like crazy right now. I was so silly :D

8 comments:

Vishnu said...

hmmm.. grounded..lol..now tht u hav told even i do accept tht this poem gives a lil laugh..

Priya Vinay said...

:P I was such a spoilt brat back then!!! A screaming intruder in my mom's life :)

Anonymous said...

9th stdlaye ivlo english theramaya??:O

enakku appolaam is/was kooda seriya poda theriyathu!

neenga engeyo poiteenga!:D

Anonymous said...

hehe :D u r laughing and that makes me wanna join in ur happiness da!! :)

lovely poem.. well penned! :D

Priya Vinay said...

4 sriv..

Peter family dude! can't help it :D
I'm still on earth only...

Priya Vinay said...

4 Leo...

Thank you.. glad u like it :)phew!

Soin said...

comedy..antha vayasula poemla yezthu thonala yenaku..free

Priya Vinay said...

4 soin...

I repeat... Peter family. I grew up on a diet of shakespeare...