Thursday, October 29, 2009

Day 2 - The Moonlight Jive

A soft whisper stirred my nice reverie.


"Come, look out the window and see"

Welcomed, by soft kisses of the breeze,

I watched happily, the swaying of trees.

"Look up", came the soft whisper again,

Pearlish moon was smiling for me to see,

Many stars twinkling above like a crown,

A silent melody played softly just for me.

It gave me hope, took away all my fears,

It lightened the pain I had all these years.

"I've missed so much, of beauty in life"

I let go of past. joined the moonlight jive.

PS: Childish as it may sound.. I felt extremely good writing it :)
PPS: Belated thanks (:P) to HaRy for the follow :)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is very lovely Pri :) good one!

Priya Vinay said...

thanks leo...

Soin said...

apo kaka pi vizhaliya.. anyways in that mood listen to ilayaraja's -how to name it... or sivamani's-mahaleela..bliss..free

Priya Vinay said...

night time la kaka ella thoongadhu????

Snow White said...

its nice dear :) loved it :)

Priya Vinay said...

thnx snow :)

HaRy!! said...

even i think of writing a kavidhai like this...kadaisila...mokai varthaigal than varuthu...! anyways ..ore silent melodies ah:D...rite rite... good! thanks yelam neeye vechiko,cya around

Priya Vinay said...

peterla mokkai pota adhu than kavidhai....
:)
:)

Amity said...

beautiful poem, er kinda reminiscent of star gazing, happy past!

nice read Priya!

Vishnu said...

so mothathula vanathula irukara idlya pathi oru poem.. wat abt chutney.. racist..