Friday, October 16, 2009

Happy Diwali All!!!

Its finally Diwali again!!


Pretty much my favorite time of the year.

With so many athais and mamas, I get to replenish my wardrobe. This my grandma decided to take revenge and get me a pattu podavai (translated - silk saree), something my dad finds extremely amusing for some reason.

Mom's happy, cos the endless line of guests at home, has forced me to clean my room.

I may be missing from the blog scene till sunday night. :)  (not really, but mom wants me to :P)

The lovely smell of deepavali bakshanam is wafting from the kitchen, and is forcing me to end this post ( I play taster-taster you see? That way I end up getting a big share :D ).


I'm also finishing up this post soon because typing with marudaani (yuck! but mom says its custom & blah blah) in one hand is not one of my talents. :D



HAPPY DIWALI ALL. BE SAFE & TRY NOT TO POLLUTE MUCH!!!

14 comments:

Soin said...

one time i dont go home and yela bloglaiyum verypu yethreengla..anyways happy diwali to u..free

Amal Bose said...

happy diwali to you too priya :)

Vishnu said...

i know y ur dad finds it amusing.. while ur mom buys 1 silk saree.. he could have bought 10 peter england shirts or 5 sets of shirt n pant for himself.. :P..
send some bakshanam to my address.. i dont want u to suffer from stomach problems..
happy diwali..

Anonymous said...

deepa thirunaal nalvaazhthukkal!;)

pattupodava and death metal...good combination..can't imagine a maami performing that music..rotfl!:D :)))

Priya Vinay said...

4 soin...

Oh come on!!! i'll parcel the bhakshanam to u too :)
happy diwali :)

Priya Vinay said...

4 amal...

Thanks :) enjoy the hol :)

Priya Vinay said...

4 vish...
yeah well :) happens.. his mom got him stuff too. I dunno why she hates me so much, she thought i deserved a saree :P
happy hol :)

Priya Vinay said...

4 vish again...
gulab jaamuns and ribbon pakodas coming your way...

Priya Vinay said...

4 sriv...

:P Performing ellam romba dhooram, I can't imagine walking in that attire!!!!
happy hol :)

PS: I'm now seriously considering to change my blog's display name to The Death Metal Maami.. :P sounds funky!!!

Anonymous said...

happy diwali death metal maami :D

have a safe diwali too :)

Vishnu said...

maami ya?? lol..

Priya Vinay said...

4 vinu...

thanks leo!!

Priya Vinay said...

4 vishnu...

yes vish.. maami.. isn't there a strange fad that all iyer aathu pons r called maamis???

Snow White said...

Happy diwali to you too dear :) enjoy :)